- Mental health cuts 'risk lives' March 12, 2014Cuts to mental health services in England will put lives at risk, as funds are reduced for schemes aimed at reducing suicides, ministers are warned.
- Hospital closure power granted March 11, 2014MPs have voted through a controversial measure in the new Care Bill giving ministers powers to close hospitals., even if they are performing well.
- Exercise advised for cancer swelling March 12, 2014Women who suffer swelling following breast cancer treatment should be encouraged to exercise, according to experts.
- Prescription charge rise in England March 11, 2014The price of NHS prescriptions is to rise by 20 pence in April and again next year.
- More children treated on adult wards March 11, 2014The number of children with mental health problems being treated on adult wards in England is rising, according to new data.
- Children's diets 'far too salty' March 11, 2014Children in the UK are eating far too much salt, with much of it coming from breads and cereals, research suggests.
- Light drinking 'is preterm risk' March 11, 2014Even moderate drinking during the earliest months of pregnancy may be damaging, according to researchers in Leeds.
- Obese pregnant women 'cost NHS more' March 11, 2014Pregnant women who are obese can cost the NHS over a third more than women of healthy weight, a Swansea University study has found.
- 'Shortage of senior nurses in NHS' March 11, 2014The NHS has lost nearly 4,000 senior nursing posts since 2010, putting patient care at risk, warns the Royal College of Nursing.
- Belfast health trust boss resigns March 11, 2014Colm Donaghy, the chief executive of the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, has resigned.