- Robotic sleeve 'hugs' failing hearts January 19, 2017US scientists develop a robotic sleeve that can help hearts pump when they fail to work properly.
- Sedentary lifestyle in older women 'ages body cells' January 19, 2017Older woman who do not exercise daily have cells biologically older than their actual age, research suggests.
- Vaccines for three deadly viruses fast-tracked January 18, 2017Scientists identify three little-known diseases which could cause the next global health emergency.
- Addenbrooke's out of special measures due to staff 'dedication' January 18, 2017One of the UK's largest NHS trusts is taken out of special measures, thanks to the "dedication and skill" of staff, a report says.
- DNA-testing smartphone aims to tackle drugs resistance January 18, 2017A smartphone attachment that analyses DNA could help improve cancer and tuberculosis treatments.
- IVF: First three-parent baby born to infertile couple January 18, 2017A technique designed to help parents affected by genetic disorders is used to tackle infertility.
- 'Exceptional' NHS winter pressure in Wales January 18, 2017The NHS in Wales has faced "exceptional" winter challenges, including some of the busiest days for A&E and ambulance services.
- Referral centres cause 'dangerous' NHS delays, BMA warns January 16, 2017Referral management centres may be slowing cancer diagnoses and delaying other NHS treatment, doctors warn.
- Eating disorders can strike in mid-life January 17, 2017Eating disorders affect a small but substantial number of women in their 40s and 50s, research suggests.
- Artificial intelligence predicts when heart will fail January 16, 2017Technology could be used to improve treatment for heart failure patients.