- Health services finances 'worsening' September 19, 2014The NHS in England has run up a deficit of nearly £500m in the first few months of the financial year, official figures show.
- Cancer test 'Jolie effect' found September 19, 2014Referrals to breast cancer clinics more than doubled in the UK after Angelina Jolie revealed last year she had had a double mastectomy, say scientists.
- Pregnancy hormone link to poor maths September 19, 2014Research suggests children born to mothers who have low thyroid hormone levels during pregnancy do worse at maths.
- Ebola health team killed in Guinea September 19, 2014Eight members of a team trying to raise awareness about Ebola have been killed by villagers in Guinea, officials say.
- Obesity the new smoking - NHS boss September 18, 2014Obesity is the new smoking in terms of the impact on health and the cost to the NHS, the head of the NHS in England says.
- NHS staff vote for strike action September 18, 2014NHS workers in England have voted in favour of striking over pay.
- 'Kill yourself' doctor suspended September 18, 2014A doctor who told a patient threatening to kill herself to "go and jolly well do it now" is suspended for three months.
- Ambulance death woman 'let down' September 18, 2014The grieving family of a woman who died while waiting in a queue of ambulances outside a hospital says the system let her down.
- Green light for new skin cancer drug September 18, 2014A new drug to treat skin cancer should be made available on the NHS, a health body has recommended.
- British Ebola nurse travels to US September 18, 2014A British nurse who recovered from Ebola travels to the US to donate blood to try to save the life of another victim of the virus.