- 'Patients at risk' from length of GP consultations August 29, 2016The health of patients is being put at risk because GPs are being forced to carry out complex consultations in 10 minutes or less, doctors are warning.
- Parkinson's protein test could lead to earlier diagnosis August 29, 2016A test that can detect the stickiness of a key protein molecule could help diagnose the early stages of Parkinson's disease, a study from the University of Edinburgh suggests.
- New tax needed to fund NHS and care, says ex-minister August 28, 2016A new tax is needed to ensure the UK has a properly funded health and social care system, doctor and former minister Dan Poulter says.
- NHS cuts 'planned across England' August 26, 2016Plans are being drawn up that could see cuts to NHS services across England, including ward closures, according to draft documents seen by the BBC.
- Concerns raised over teenage pregnancy 'magic dolls' August 25, 2016Teenage pregnancy prevention programmes which use 'magic dolls' to simulate the needs of a new baby do not work, according to a study in The Lancet.
- Warnings despite upturn in NHS finances August 25, 2016Health bosses are warning the NHS in England is still in a precarious position despite an upturn in its financial performance in recent months.
- 'Unsafe' Stafford hospital A&E closed to children August 25, 2016Children's accident and emergency services at a troubled hospital are suspended after senior staff said it was "not clinically safe".
- Barbecued rare burgers 'pose food poisoning risk' August 25, 2016The Food Standards Agency is warning people not to eat burgers that are pink in the middle, to avoid the risk of food poisoning at barbecues this summer.
- Rotavirus infections 'greatly reduced' since vaccine August 25, 2016Rotavirus infections have fallen by 84% in England since a vaccine has been offered to young babies, figures from Public Health England suggest.
- Depression: A revolution in treatment? August 24, 2016Can treating the immune system lead to a revolution in treating depression?