- Ebola vaccine trial 'promising' November 26, 2014The first human trial of an experimental vaccine against Ebola suggests that it is safe and may help the immune system to combat the virus.
- Guidelines favour weight loss ops November 27, 2014People diagnosed with diabetes linked to obesity should be assessed for weight loss surgery, according to updated NHS guidelines.
- 'Exciting' bladder cancer drug trial November 27, 2014A trial to help the immune system fight bladder cancer is showing "exciting" results with tumours completely disappearing in some patients.
- GPs 'failing' to find liver disease November 27, 2014Early detection of liver disease by GPs in the UK is "virtually non-existent", leading medical experts warn.
- Many elderly 'struggle' at home November 27, 2014Thousands of older people in England are struggling in their own home with little or no help, research suggests.
- Fifth of millennium babies 'obese' November 27, 2014One in five children born at the start of the millennium was obese by the age of 11, according to a major study.
- Learning disability care 'failing' November 26, 2014People with learning disabilities are being kept in hospitals too far from home for too long, a report commissioned by NHS England finds.
- Call for £2bn more for NHS in England November 26, 2014Calls for extra money for the NHS in England are intensifying after latest figures show the deficit is growing as performance deteriorates.
- Hunt 'contradicted NHS advice' November 26, 2014Health secretary Jeremy Hunt has been accused of contradicting NHS advice after admitting that he took his children to A&E at the weekend rather than wait to see a GP.
- Vitamin D warning from NICE November 26, 2014More people should be given vitamin D tablets to counter a hidden epidemic of deficiency, a report says.